It’s that time of year when taxpayers are thinking about how they want to give back. Many taxpayers will want to donate to a charity that means something to them. The IRS has a tool that may help you make sure your donations are as beneficial as possible.
Tax Exempt Organization Search on IRS.gov is a tool that allows users to search for tax-exempt charities. You can use this tool to determine if donations you make to an organization are tax-deductible charitable donations.
Here are some things to know about the TEOS Tool:
- It provides information about an organization’s federal tax status and filings.
- It’s mobile device friendly
- Donors can use it to confirm that an organization is tax-exempt and eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.
- Users can find out if an organization had its tax-exempt status revoked.
- Organizations are listed under the legal name or a “doing business as” name on file with the IRS.
- The search results are sortable by Name, Employee Identification Number, State and Country.
- Users may also download entire lists of organizations eligible to receive deductible contributions, auto-revoked organizations and e-postcard filers.
You can also use the Interactive Tax Assistant, Can I Deduct my Charitable Contributions? To help determine if a charitable contribution is deductible. https://go.usa.gov/xp5yB